With the main aim of providing unique identification to every single Indian, Government. of India came out with the concept of Aadhaar Card in 2009. It is a 12-digit unique identification number which encapsulates demographic and biometric information of every single Indian.
Now it is not only used as an Identity proof but has become quintessential to reap out the benefits of several initiatives taken by the government.Some of it includes:
- LPG subsidy is given on the basis of Aadhaar
- Jan Dhan Yojana, which brings with itself a lot of benefits like Rupay Card, free zero balance saving account, Life insurance etc., accepts only Aadhaar card to open an account.
- Get Passport in just 10 days only on the basis of Aadhaar card
- Mandatory to receive monthly pensions and money in provident funds accounts etc.
Nothing can start with perfection and there is always a scope of improvement that is why in the initial days when it was launched people faced a lot of difficulties while enrolling like wrong information displayed etc. In order to resolve these issues Government of India set up a statutory authority, The Unique Identification Authority of India, solely for the purpose of managing Aadhaar Identification numbers. And now people can get the card with much ease.
Now since it is mandatory to have Aadhaar card by every Indian individual we provide you with the list of documents which are required for Aadhaar card enrolment:
Proof of Identity Documents Required for the New Aadhaar Card
These documents are required to verify your identity and to check that you are who you claim to be in documents issued by Government. bodies. So these are basically Photo Identity Cards. Also, you have to submit any of the below-mentioned documents as Identity proof:
- PAN Card
- Ration Card
- Arms License
- Photo Bank ATM Card
- Kissan Photo Passbook
- Pensioner Photo Card
- Freedom Fighter Photo Card
- Certificate of Identity issued by Gazetted Officer that has your photo on the letterhead
- Disability ID card or Handicapped Medical Certificate, issued by the respective state.
- Driving License
- Voter ID card
Documents for Proof of Address
These documents are required to check that you have not provided wrong address and you are currently residing at the address that you have provided. Again you can provide any of these documents
Here is list of documents that can be provided as address proof (Just make sure it has your name and Address)
- Water Bill (not more than 3 months old)
- Driving License
- Post Office Statement or Passbook
- Electricity Bill (not more than 3 months old)
- Credit Card Statement (not more than 3 months old)
- Landline Telephone Bill (not more than 3 months old)
- Property Tax Receipt (not more than 1-month-old)
- Insurance Policy
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Pensioner Card
- Disability ID card and handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective state.
- Gas Connection Bill (not more than 3 months old)
- Passport of Spouse or passport of parents for married people and minor respectively.
- Marriage Certificate, issued by the Government and that has your address on it
- Allotment Letter of accommodation issued by the state or central Government. (not more than 3 months old)
- Registered Rent/Lease/Sale agreement
- Cast or Domicile certificate that has a photo and is issued by Government.
- Freedom Fighter Card
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Kissan Passbook
- NREGS Job Card
Documents Required as Proof of Birth Date for Aadhaar
Any of the following documents can be submitted to verify your Date of Birth (DOB)
- Birth Certificate
- Pan Card
- Certificate of Date of Birth issued by Group a Gazetted Officer on a letterhead
- Government Photo ID Cards or PSU issued Photo Identity Card that has your DOB written on it
- SSLC Certificate or Book
- Pension Order by State or Central Government.