Today, Aadhaar serves to be one of the most important documents that are available to us and in addition to this, even the mobile number has become really important today. All the bank accounts, Aadhaar Number, Mobile Wallets are linked to the mobile number and hence we receive OTP for each and every transaction on our mobile.
There are times when people end up losing their mobile phone or the mobile number and that turns out to be a big problem. If that mobile number is linked to Aadhaar Number and other accounts then it turns out to be even a greater problem. In such a case, the first thing that you need to do is that you need to block the mobile number. Now the easiest way to resolve the issue is to get another SIM issued with the same mobile number by visiting the nearest service center of the telecom operator. This would help you in being saved from a lot of hassle but if it is not possible to get the duplicate sim issued then you must get your mobile number updated on Aadhaar Card.
Earlier it was possible to update the mobile number on Aadhaar card through an online medium but this service is not available now. There are two ways to update the registered Aadhaar Card Mobile Number now, one is via post and other is via visiting the Permanent Aadhaar Enrollment Center. Let us have a look at both the procedures one by one.
Updating the Mobile Number via Aadhaar Enrolment Centre
If you are willing to get your registered number changed on your Aadhaar card then the easiest way to do so is by visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. Follow the steps mentioned below to update the mobile number via Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
- For this process, you would require to visit the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre and hence you must know the location of one of the center. If you are now aware of the location then you can find the location of the nearest center by clicking here. Just fill in the details and you will get the details of all the nearest centers.
- Now, you will have to visit the center on one of the working days during the working hours. Approach the center operator and obtain an Aadhaar Correction Form.
- You need to fill in the form with all the correct details and if you are confused about some of the details then it is better to seek help from the Operator. Ensure that you will in the details in all capital letters.
- In the final step, submit the form to the Aadhaar operator and he will verify the details. He will also make the changes there and then and you would also require to give digital fingerprint scans for validation of the details.
- Once the form has been submitted, the operator will give you an acknowledgment slip with URN number and you can use keep the slip safely for your reference. The mobile number on the Aadhaar card takes about 7 to 10 working days to be updated.
Updating the Mobile Number via Post
If you do not have time to visit the Aadhaar enrolment center then you can get the phone number changed by posting the Aadhaar correction form to UIDAI office. The process for the same is mentioned below.
- To get the mobile number changed, you need to have a copy of Aadhaar correction form and the good thing is that the form is available for download online. You can print the form by downloading it from here.
- Once you print the form, you would then require to fill in all the details. Ensure that this form is also filled in capital letters. After filling the form, attach an application along with the form to request the change of mobile number.
- You would also need to attach a proof of address and proof of identity in the form and once you attach all the required documents, you can seal all the documents in an envelope.
- It is now required for you to post the envelope at one of the following addresses.
- UIDAI, Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001.
- UIDAI, Post Box No.99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad –
- You will receive an acknowledgment once the form is received by UIDAI and you will receive the second acknowledgment once the number is updated. The process will take 10 to 15 days to be completed.
These are two ways to get the Mobile Number updated on the Aadhaar Card and you can follow any of the ways to get the number updated. It is highly advisable to visit the Aadhaar Enrollment Center to get the changes done as the process is relatively quick and hassle-free.