While enrolling for Aadhaar Card we all shared the details of our mobile number and email id. In course of time, a lot of people changed and updated their mobile numbers and email id. These two details have formed an important part of the database as these details can also be used for authentication of KYC and other information hence it is important to keep the details of the mobile number and email id updated.
There is an option by which email and the mobile number can be verified using Aadhar Number. If the mobile number or the email ID is not updated then you can update the details through an online medium or you can also visit the Aadhaar Centre to update the details. It is advisable to keep the details updated as you can avail the full benefits of Aadhaar only if you have registered your mobile number with the UIDAI. In this article, we have listed the process to verify the details of your mobile number and email ID through online medium.
This feature is especially useful when you want to verify your email address and the mobile number that has been uploaded during the enrolment of the Aadhar. In case you updated the mobile number or the email address in the later stage, the process will help you in fetching the latest updated mobile number or email ID linked to your Aadhaar Card. You can follow the process mentioned below to verify the details of your mobile number or email ID.
Process to Verify Your Aadhaar Card Mobile Number and Email ID
- The first step of the procedure is to navigate to the UIDAI Website. The URL for the website is resident.uidai.gov.in. You can access the website by clicking https://resident.uidai.gov.in
- Once the webpage has been displayed, from the top navigation menu, click on Aadhaar Services and a drop down menu will be displayed. From the drop down menu, Click on Verify Email/Mobile number. Alternatively, you can also access the webpage directly by visitng https://resident.uidai.gov.in/verify-email-mobile.
- Once the webpage is displayed, you can enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number along with your email address and the mobile number. It is also mandatory for you to enter the captcha code. After filling all the details, you can click on Get One Time Password.
- An OTP will be generated and shared on your mobile. Once you receive the OTP, you can validate the OTP by entering the OTP in designated space and clicking on Verify OTP.
- On the next page, you will be able to check the updated mobile number and the email address on your Aadhaar.
- In the case of any trouble, you can call the customer service help desk at 1947.
It is mandatory to have a mobile number registered to avail Aadhaar Online Services and if you have not registered a mobile number during the time of registration then you would need to visit a Permanent Aadhaar Centre and register your mobile number by filling a form.