Aadhaar card is dispatched within 1 to 2 weeks after the verification has been done. An acknowledgment slip is given to the applicant which has the enrollment ID and it is possible to track the status of the Aadhaar card through the Enrolment ID. The Aadhaar Card is dispatched through Indian Post and the delivery status of the Aadhaar Card can be tracked by the various medium. If you have not received your Aadhaar Card then it is better to track the status of the delivery. In this article, we have mentioned all the ways by which you can track the status of your Aadhaar card. Have a look at it.
Tracking the Aadhaar Card using UIDAI
- You can track the status of the delivery of Aadhaar Card with help of UIDAI website. The first step is to open the website of UIDAI and go to the check status page. You can visit the site by clicking here (https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar-status). This link will redirect you to the check status page directly.
- Once the page loads, you can enter your enrolment number along with the captcha and then click on Check Status. This will display the status of the Aadhaar card.
- Once the status is displayed and if the status states that the Aadhaar Card has been dispatched, you can go ahead and click on Delivery Tracking Details. This will give you the tracking ID.
- Now you can simply go to the Indian Post’s website by clicking here (https://www.indiapost.gov.in/vas/Pages/IndiaPostHome.aspx). This link will open the homepage of the Indian Postal services. Enter the tracking details in Track Your Mail Column. Also, enter the captcha code and click on Go button.
- This will display the delivery status of your Aadhaar Card. In the case of any issue, it is advisable to contact Indian Postal Services. You can reach Indian Post by dialing
Tracking the Aadhaar Card using Text Message Service
- It is much more convenient to check the delivery status through SMS. You have to type the following message to track the status. UID STATUS<space><14 Digit enrolment Number>. For example, the message should look like UID STATUS 14745858745896.
- Now you can send this message on 51969. If the card has been dispatched, you will receive the tracking details via SMS.
- You can now use these tracking details to check the delivery status of the Aadhaar Card on Indian Post’s portal. The steps of the process are mentioned above.
Tracking the Aadhaar Card by Calling the Helpline
- If you do not have the access to internet and if you are unable to get the details through SMS, the best thing to do is to call the UIDAI helpline. You can reach them by calling on 1800 – 300 – 1947.
- After calling, address the issue with the customer service representative. He will help you with the tracking details and the delivery status as well.
- You can also request the tracking Number from the customer service agent and you can use the tracking number to track the delivery status of Aadhaar Card in later stages.