The best part about Aadhaar card is that if you lose your Aadhaar card then you do not have to get it reissued, all you need to do is that you have to download a copy of your Aadhaar card through an online portal and you can simply print the copy of the Aadhaar card. The same is accepted universally across the India which makes it one of the most preferred Ids and Residential Proof. In addition to this, the government has also made it mandatory to use Aadhaar card in several places like Banks and Telecom Service Providers. If you have lost your Aadhaar card then here is how you can download a copy of the Aadhaar card.
Finding Aadhaar Number
- The first step of the process is to find the UID number. If you already have it then you can directly download it but if you do not have it then click here (https://resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid) to visit the UIDAI Portal.
- Once the website is displayed, enter the details like name, email address, and phone number. Now generate an OTP and validate the details by entering the correct OTP.
- Once you validate the OTP, you will receive the Aadhaar number on your registered mobile number.
- Now, click here (https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/) to visit the portal to download the Aadhaar Card. Click on Aadhaar and enter the Aadhaar card number along with your name and pin code of the residential address mentioned in Aadhaar.
- Enter the captcha code and generate the OTP. Enter the OTP in the designated space and click on validate and download button.
- The Aadhaar card will then be saved on your computer but the file is protected with a password and the password to access the Aadhaar card is the pin code of your residential address mentioned on Aadhaar card.
- You can now simply obtain a copy of your Aadhaar card and you can use it as and when required.
If in case you don’t have your mobile number linked to the Aadhaar card then you will have to visit one of the Aadhaar enrollment centers for getting a copy of your Aadhaar card.