The government has already notified that the last date to link the Mobile Number with the Aadhaar Number is 31 March 2018. People who fail to link the two would face consequences and the consequence would be that their mobile connection would be disconnected. Earlier there was no provision to link the two without visiting the mobile customer service center and that was highly inconvenient for the people. To ease off the process, the government made it possible to link the Aadhaar Number and the Mobile Number with help of the IVR so you can now link the Aadhaar Card to the Mobile Number at the comfort of the home without having to worry about the mobile disconnection.
If you are not aware of the process of linking the Aadhaar number to mobile number then do not worry as we have listed the process below.
Steps to Link Aadhaar number to Mobile Number by Dialing IVR
- To begin with, you must have the mobile number that needs to be linked to the Aadhaar Card. Use the mobile number to dial 14546.
- Once you call the number, you will have to give consent to link the Aadhaar number to the mobile number and in addition to this, the consent is also for accessing the Aadhaar
- Once that is done, you will then be prompted to enter the Aadhaar Number. Enter your Aadhaar number and give the approval for the same. This will now trigger an OTP request.
- You will now receive an OTP on the mobile number registered in the Aadhaar Database. Enter the OTP on the IVR when you are prompted to and your Aadhaar number will now be linked to the mobile number.
- If you have multiple mobile numbers then you can enter the other mobile number which you would like to link to your Aadhaar card and they will all be linked to the Aadhaar card.
- After the completion of the process, you will receive a confirmation SMS stating that you have successfully linked the Aadhaar number to the mobile number.
There are certain limitations to this process and one of the basic limitations of this process is that you would not be able to link the two if your Aadhaar card is registered in a different state than the state of registration for the mobile number. That is, if the two are not same then you would still have to visit the customer service center of the telecom operator to get the two linked and avoid disconnection to your services.
It should be noted that this process is available for Vodafone and Airtel and other telecom operators would soon make this process available for the customers so that none of the customers would have to take the trouble to walk into the customer service office to link the Aadhaar card to the mobile number. If you haven’t linked the two yet then you must link them today itself.