As per a government directory, it is mandatory to link Insurance policies with Aadhaar card. The government has passed a law recently to link Insurance with PAN card under the prevention of Money Laundering Act(PMLA) rules in the year 2017. A few months back, The Insurance Regulatory & Development Authority of India has unboxed a circular regarding the linking process.
Life Insurance policy offers a convenience facility which invites all of its policyholders to update their Aadhaar card status on its website. It has recently activated a link, which helps it’s policy holder to get their LIC polices linked with Aadhaar card online.
So, linking Life Insurance policies with Aadhaar card can be even done without visiting the branch personally. The due date for linking LIC policies with Aadhaar card is December 31. Hence, all of the LIC policy holders are advised to get their policies linked with Aadhaar card on or before December 31, 2017.
“Linkage of Aadhaar number to insurance policies
- LIC policyholders can easily link their PAN and Aadhaar card to LIC policy online. Before starting the linking process, makes sure that you keep PAN card, Aadhaar card and policy documents with you.
- For confirmation, customers are advised to visit the official website of LIC. i.e. https://www.licindia.in/
- Log in to the official website. Navigate to the home page where you will be able to see “linking Aadhaar & PAN with LIC policies” option. Click on the link.
- You will be redirected to a page, where you can read a set of instructions regarding the linking process. Just try to read all the given instructions carefully to avoid any serious consequences.
- Click on NEXT button.
- You will be prompted to enter your mobile number which should be registered with your Aadhaar card. Once you given that registered mobile number, a One Time Password will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- LIC holders are advised to check if their mobile number is updated with LIC. Those who fail to update their mobile number with LIC must contact their LIC branch. Input your OTP and hit ‘proceed’ button.
- Give all the required details like Aadhaar number, PAN number, policy Number, contact details etc.
- After verification with PAN and UIDAI, a confirmation message will be sent to you. However, verification process might take few days.