Aadhaar card is an important document for everyone and no one lose it intentionally but we are human beings and such things can happen anytime. If you have lost your Aadhaar card, don’t panic.Here are step by step guidelines to get duplicate copy of Aadhaar card online
Before downloading the duplicate copy just make sure that you have Aadhaar number or Enrollment number. In case you don’t have it, check your acknowledgment slip. In case you lost your acknowledgment slip, this article will guide you to retrieve your enrollment ID and getting your aadhaar card.
Steps to Getting Enrollment ID Online
As discussed above, if you don’t have the acknowledgment slip here are the simple steps to get it online
– Visit Official Enrollment ID Retrieval Page or click on this -https://resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid
– On the page loaded, you will see two options, Aadhaar Card and Enrollment ID, click on enrollment ID
– Enter your Name, Registered Phone Number and the E-mail ID that is synced in Aadhaar database.
– After entering the above information, enter the security code.
– Next step is to click on “Get OTP” and you will receive the OTP via SMS on the registered number
– Enter the OTP in the designated area and validate the OTP
– Once the verification is successful, you will receive the Enrollment ID via SMS and E-mail ID. You can also utilize the enrollment number to download the duplicate copy of your Aadhaar card.
Procedure for Duplicate Aadhaar Card
- Visit the official Aadhaar Card Portal or click on this link- https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
- Once the page is loaded, choose Enrollment ID or Aadhaar on the loaded page. This depends on what you have. If you have your enrollment ID then click on Enrollment ID and if you know your Aadhaar number, click on Aadhaar Card.
- The next is to enter your Aadhaar number or enrolment number in the space provided. This depends upon the option you choose in the last step.
- After that, you have to enter your full name and pin code in the designated area. This will be verified against the records in the Aadhaar database/
- Then, enter the letters or digits you see under the Captcha Code, in the space provided. This is just the security check.
- After that, enter your mobile number and then you will get the One Time Password (OTP) via SMS on the registered number. If you have not registered any mobile number, then you need to visit the nearest Aadhaar enrollment center.
- Enter that OTP in the designated are
- Click on Validate & Download. This will download the Aadhaar card on your computer.
- You will get Duplicate Aadhaar card in pdf format and that file is password protected so you need to enter your ZIP code as a password to unlock the file. Do not share your password with anyone.
- Once downloaded, don’t forget to take out its print out