A new and innovative identification system has been implemented in India and it is commonly known as Aadhaar or Unique Identification Number (UID). It caters to all the needs of Indian residents as it provides directed services to people and also enhance the security and safety of the nation. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) was formed by the GOI in the year 2009 and the task of creating and issuing Aadhar Card was given. The aim of Unique Identification Authority of India is to gather the biometric and demographic particulars of every Indian resident residing in India.
How can you download the Aadhaar Card?
You can download the Aadhaar card with the following methods:
- By Name and Date of Birth
- By Using Aadhaar Number
- By Using Enrolment Number (EID)
Let us explore the methods:
By name and date of birth
In the event of forgetting the Aadhaar number or even the enrolment number, people can download the e-Aadhaar card online by punching in the name and date of birth. For this, what they would to retrieve their Aadhaar number from the website of UIDAI. The process of the same is given as under:
- Visit the official website of Aadhaar card at https://resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid
- This is where you would be able to retrieve the lost Aadhaar number or EID.
- Punch in the complete name and one or the other registered e-mail id or contact number and the safety code.
- Hit the button “Send One time Password”
- Now you must enter the OTP that you received on your authorized mobile number and hit “Verify OTP”.
- A message on the screen will appear stating that the Aadhaar number is sent to the authorized mobile number.
- After you receive your Aadhaar enrolment number on your device, go to the e-Aadhaar page on the official website of UIDAI.
- Hit “I have Enrolment ID”.
- Punch inAadhaar enrolment number, complete name, Pin code, Captcha code.
- Again hit “One Time Password”.
- You will now get the OTP which you would need to enter and then click on option “Validate & Download”.
This is the entire process of downloading the Aadhaar number with name.
How to retrieve the enrollment number?
In the event of not having the enrollment details or the acknowledgment, people can retrieve that too. Here’s what you can do:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI – uidai.gov.in
- Find “Aadhaar Online Services” and beneath it choose the option “Retrieve Lost ‘UID/EID”
- Choose “receive the lost EID”
- Punch in the complete name, email address or contact number, and captcha-code to receive an OTP
- You will now receive an OTP on your authorized mobile number
- You can use this OTP and then the request would be validated
- After this verification through OTP, you will be furnished with your enrolment details
By Using Aadhaar Number
If you want to download and get your Aadhar card online, you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the official website of UIDAI and click “download Aadhaar”.
- The applicants will now be redirected to a pagehttps://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- You will see a new window opening where a dialog box will appear stating “how you can enter the password to open the pdf file containing your e-Aadhaar”.
- Choose the option “Aadhaar” if know your Aadhaar card number.
- Punch in your particulars such as Aadhaar number, complete name, Pin code, and Captchacode.
- Hitthe option to “Get One Time Password” on your authorized contact number.In the event of using the “mAadhaar” app, you can select TOTP.
- Hit“Confirm” to get the OTP to your authorized contact number.
- Punch in the OTP you have received on authorized contact number.
- Hit button “Validate and Download” to start downloading of your e-Aadhaaron your computer.
- Punch in the password and hit submit to see the e-Aadhaar card.
- It will be downloaded in a PDF format so your computer system must have Adobe Reader in order open the PDF file.
- Once you receive the Aadhar card, you can take a print out or store it in your computer or handheld device for future use.
- Downloaded version of Aadhar card is now accepted as a legal and valid proof.
By Using Enrolment Number (EID)
In case you do not have your Aadhaar card or have forgotten the same, you can still get a copy by furnishing the Aadhaar Enrolment Number. Follow the steps mentioned below to retrieve the aadhaar card using the enrollment number.
Go to the official website – www.uidai.gov.in.
- Hit the button “Download Aadhaar” wherein you will be redirected to uidai.gov.in/#/popup
- Punch in your enrolment ID which is a 14 digit number and the values of date and time as mentioned on the acknowledgment slip.
- Punch in your complete name, pin code, captcha code.
- Hit “Get One Time Password” and generate the OTP which you will receive on your authorized contact number.
- You will now see an alert such as “One time password has been sent to mobile no.91XXXXXXXX”
- Punch in the OTP & hit option – “Validate & Download”.
- Hit “Confirm” and your e-Aadhaar card will be available for download on your computer system in the PDF File format.
- Punch in the password and open the PDF file. The password is first four letters of the applicants name and “Year of Birth” in capital letters. You can now either take a print out of this document or save it as it is on the computer system.
Aadhaar Card Password
Aadhaar Card includes the 12 digit Aadhaar number which is a unique identification number for all people of Indian origin staying in India. Therefore, an Aadhaar card must be available for all Indians. The Aadhaar card of an individual has accounts of his biometric and demographic details.
You can easily download your Aadhaar card at the official page of UIDAI https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ . But you will notice that the same in downloaded in the PDF password protected file. The password of this file is of 8 characters which are a combination of the initial four letters of the applicant name must be written in capital letters and the name must be as mentioned in the Aadhaar card and the Year of Birth of the applicant in the YYYY format. You can check out few examples of the same as under:
Example 1: If the applicant’s name is MAHESH KUMAR and Year of Birth is 1989then theE-Aadhaar password would be MAHE1989
Example 2: If the applicant’s name is RAM KUMAR and the Year of Birth is 1989 then theE-Aadhaar password would be RAMK1989
Example 3: If the applicant’s name is R.M. KUMAR and the Year of Birth is 1989 then theE-Aadhaar password would be R.M.1989
Example 4: in case the applicant’s name is SAI and the Year of Birth is 1989 then theE-Aadhaar password would be SAI1989
Why is this Password needed?
As mentioned the Aadhaar keeps a track of your personal data such as biometric and demographic details. Therefore the UIDAI keeps the Aadhaaras password-protected PDF file because the PDF is considered as a safe file format for digital files generally and if it is password protected, the security increases. To remember the password, use the combination of the initial four letters of your name as mentioned in the Aadhaar card written in capital and the Year of Birth in YYYY format is the password for the Aadhaar card PDF File.
How can you open your e-Aadhaar Card PDF File after download?
As stated earlier, the E-Aadhaar card file is password protected. So you can open the file using 2 methods:
1. Punchinyour PIN Code that is mentioned on your postal address which you shared while registering for Aadhaar.
2. In case the PIN Code doesn’t work, then you can combine the initial four letters of your name as mentioned in the Aadhaar card and your Year of Birth. The examples of the same are mentioned earlier.
What would you do in case you forget the Aadhaar Card password for PDF File?
In case you forget the Aadhaar Card password for the PDF file, don’t fret as E-Aadhaar number password for PDF file is just a combination of the initial four letters of the name as mentioned in the Aadhaar card and written in capital letters and the Year of Birth in the YYYY format
How can you print the Aadhaar card?
After downloading the PDF format Aadhar card from the website of UIDAI, you can easily print the same online. Just enter the 8 digit password and your e-Aadhaarcard will open and then you can give a print command. You can even save the same on your mobile or computer system.
Points to Remember
- You won’t be able to download the Aadhaar card online in case your contact number is not listed with UIDAI.
- UIDAI directsthe OTP to the listed contact number only for verification and authorization before you can download the Aadhaar card in pdf format.
- You won’t be able to download your Aadhaar card without the One Time Password.
- You can fetch the e-Aadhaaronline as many times as you wish.
- The downloaded version of E-Aadhaar card can be utilized in place of your original Aadhaar card everywhere.
- The process to download the Aadhaar card online is very comfortable and one can easily fetch the Aadhar card print out by entering 8 digit password which is a combination of name and year of birth.