Aadhaar is now a centralized database and the government is now stressing people about linking the Aadhaar card with other important documents. In a recent move, the government announced that the people require to link their Aadhaar card with their SIM card and even with a driving license. The move would help in eliminating duplicate licenses and it will also help in eliminating all the fake licenses.
It is also mandatory for people to link their Aadhaar card with the PAN card and previously the last date to link the two was 31 August 2017. The same has been postponed to 31 December 2017. If you have already linked you Aadhaar card and pan card then you must not worry but if you have not linked the two then you should do it at the earliest. In this article, we have listed the process of checking if your Aadhaar has been linked to the PAN card and you can also verify the status of your request with help of below-mentioned process
Steps to check the status of Aadhaar and PAN linking
- You can check the status of Aadhaar and PAN linking by sending a simple text message and here is how you can do it.
- Simple type UIDPAN<space><12 Digit Aadhaar Number><Space><PAN Number> and send the message to 567678.
- After sending the message if you receive the message stating that you Aadhaar and PAN are already linked then you don’t need to worry about it or else it will be linked with your
- The only pre-requisite of the process is that you should use your registered mobile number to find the status of Aadhaar and PAN Linking.
- It is also possible to check the status of Aadhaar and PAN linking with help of online medium and here is how you can do it.
- To check the status, simply navigate to the Aadhaar and PAN linking by clicking here.(https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/Services/LinkAadhaarHome.html)
- Once the page has been displayed, enter your Aadhaar number, PAN number, Name of Aadhaar Card and the captcha code. After entering the details, click on Link Aadhaar Card.
- If you get a message stating Your PAN is already linked to the given Aadhaar Number then you need not worry or else you Aadhaar number will be linked to the PAN Number.
This is how you can check the status of linkage and it would not take more than 2 minutes to do so. If the status of the request is not complete then you can go ahead and link the two again.