House move is a common thing across the world. In India, the scenario is not different. People often move their home within the city as well as outside the city. There are various reason for the house move and the first problem that the people face after a home move is Updation of records across various banks, departments etc. It is one of the toughest and one of the most time taking the task. To get the address updated, people usually need a government ID and it can be difficult to get the address updated on the government IDs. In the case of Aadhaar, updating the address is not at all difficult. The request can be punched in through online medium and the documents can be mailed to the Aadhar department. In such a scenario, the address on Aadhaar card will be updated and you will receive your Aadhaar card at your home without having to visit any government office.
Who all can update the address?
In case your number is registered with the Aadhaar, you can easily change your address as you would be receiving an OTP on your number which would enable you to login.
You can also get the address updated through the Aadhaar Enrollment or update Centers
The information submitted doesn’t mean that the information is updated. This information would get uploaded and updated once the thorough verification and authentication is done by the UID.
What are the documents required for change of address?
The scanned copy of original Proof of Address or the self-attested copies of the proof of address would be required for the update or correction of the address online. The other documents include:
- Driving license
- Bank passbook/statement
- Statement of Post Office account/passbook
- Ration card
- Voter id
- Utility bills – water bill and telephone landline bill (must not be older than three months)
In this article, we have listed the steps of updating the address on your Aadhaar card through an online medium so if you recently moved your house or if you are planning to move your house, you can go through the steps mentioned below.
Steps to Change Your Address on Aadhaar Card
– The first step is to open UIDAI website. The link of the website is uidai.gov.in. Once the website loads, find aadhaar update under Aadhaar Online Services section. Now click on Update Aadhaar Details (Online). This will open an Aadhaar self-service update portal in a new tab.
– Once the portal loads, navigate to the bottom of the page and click on the button corresponding to the Update Online Request. This will navigate you to update portal.
– On the Updation portal, enter your Aadhaar number along with the captcha and click on Send OTP Button. This will trigger an OTP generation and you will receive OTP on your mobile.
– Once you receive the OTP, enter the OTP in the designated box and click on the login button. This will redirect you to Data Update Request. Choose Address Update on the screen.
– Now, enter the new address and click on the update button. This will redirect you to a document upload screen. You can upload an address proof here or you may also upload the rent agreement in this case and click on submit button.
– On clicking the submit button, a Unique Request Number will be generated. You can note down the number for future reference and the address on your Aadhaar card will be updated in 7 to 10 working days.
– Once the address is updated, you can go ahead and download the Aadhaar card from the online portal with the updated details.
The procedure can also be used in case of a mistake in the address mentioned on Aadhaar Card and in case you have not registered a mobile number with Aadhaar card, you would require to visit the nearest Aadhaar center.