Adhar Card was an initiative launched by the government of India in January 2009. The Aadhaar card can be used as an Identity proof and it provides better security since the data is centralized. With help of Aadhaar, the delivery of government services has also improved and it helped the government in creating a centralize database.
While applying for aadhar card, if you have mistakenly provided wrong or incorrect information can be corrected later via online aadhar update services.
At present, the Aadhaar card is used to deliver various benefits to the people. Here is a list of some of the benefits the can be availed by the use of Aadhaar card.
- The Aadhaar card is used in Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme, i.e. the subsidies are transferred to the people in their bank account with help of Aadhaar number seeding. This helps in preventing a major leak in subsidy and ensuring that the subsidy is given to the people who deserve the subsidy.
- The government of India also introduced Aadhaar Enabled Biometric System in a government This helped in ensuring that the employees are not late to the office and this system also helped in eliminating the attendance manipulation which was done earlier. The system has increased the efficiency of the government departments.
- Another use of the Aadhaar is that the card is used by National Crime Record Bureau to synch is a database with a centralized system. It has become easy to check the criminal record of a person using the same.
- Another benefit of the Aadhaar card is that it can help in expediting the process of passport application. If a passport applicant has an Aadhaar card, it is said that the passport will be dispatched in 7 to 10 days. The police verification can be done later if the Aadhaar numbers available.
- The government also introduced Jan Dhan Yojana and in the scheme, the government offered 0 balance account to the people. But the 0 balance accounts were only opened for the people who had Aadhaar card.
How to correct or update Aadhaar details online?
The Aadhaar database is the largest database of Indian residents. So mistakes are prone to happen. You can always get the mistakes corrected by either offline method or online method.
How to do Aadhaar Card Correction through offline mediums?
- In the offline medium, the applicant can only change the below mentioned details such as:
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
All these details would be updated manually and you can send this information to the UIDAI via post. Download the form from the website and fill in the details as required and attest and attach the documents and send on either of the addresses mentioned below:
Post Box No. 10
Madhya Pradesh- 480001
Post Box No. 99
- The other method correct the Aadhaar card offline is by visiting the Aadhaar Enrollment center
You can even visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment center and attest your relevant documents along with identity proofs to update the information. For ID proofs you can use PAN card, Driving License, Bank Passbook, Voter ID card, Passport, and Election card etc.
- Besides you would also need to fill up an Aadhaar Enrolment correction form with the accurate details and the attested documents as required.
- Once you are done with form filling you must get your biometric scans done.
- Form’s verification and the biometric scans will be done on the premises of enrollment center along with clicking of new photograph of the applicant.
- The processing fee for the same is INR 25 which is required to be paid after submission of the form.
- After the submission of your form, the Unique Identification number will get generated which seems like the enrollment slip.
- With the help of this number, you can even track the status of your request
- Once the information is updated, the applicants shall receive their updated Aadhaar card with the updated details.
- Though it takes 30 days for the new Aadhaar card to reach but in case it is urgently required the applicant can download the modified copy from the online portal and use it as it is legally authorized.
How to do Aadhaar Card Correction through Online mediums?
As per UIDAI, there are two methods of updating Aadhaar Card information online. To update the misprint or wrong information follow the steps below:
- Visit the official link of UIDAI https://uidai.gov.in/
- Under the heading Aadhaar Update, you would find an option “Aadhaar Update request (Online)”
- You would then be redirected to the Aadhaar Self Service update portal. The self-service update portal is one of the many touch points where the members can update their Address details in Aadhaar in just 4 steps:
- STEP 1: Login with Aadhaar,
- STEP 2: Address Update Request
- STEP 3: Upload Documents and
- STEP 4: Select BPO Service Provider and submit request.
Please note –
- Update in the step 2 also refers to the modification and rectification in the original Aadhaar card of the holder if required.
- Any resident with the authorized mobile number would be able to update their address details with the help of this UID self-service portal
- For the update of address in the Aadhaar card, the members must submit the scanned copies of the original proof of address or self-attested copies of documents pertaining to Proof of Address.
- The information submitted will get updated after thorough verification and authentication.
About Aadhaar: The Aadhaar card has biometric data seeded in the database and it is known to be one of world’s largest biometric database. Until now, 1.127 Billion Aadhaar numbers have been issued by the agency. It is also important to understand that the Aadhaar is not a proof of citizenship.
For any other help, it is best to contact the customer service on 1947. It is in the best interest to have an Aadhaar to avail all the benefit given by the government. In case you do not have an Aadhaar, it is time to go ahead and get one.
The official website of Aadhaar Card is www.uidai.gov.in.