Adhar Card was an initiative launched by the government of India in January 2009. The Aadhaar card can be used as an Identity proof and it provides better security since the data is centralized. With help of Aadhaar, the delivery of government services has also improved and it helped the government in creating a centralize database.
While applying for aadhar card, if you have mistakenly provided wrong or incorrect information can be corrected later via online aadhar update services.
At present, the Aadhaar card is used to deliver various benefits to the people. Here is a list of some of the benefits the can be availed by the use of Aadhaar card.
- The Aadhaar card is used in Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme, i.e. the subsidies are transferred to the people in their bank account with help of Aadhaar number seeding. This helps in preventing a major leak in subsidy and ensuring that the subsidy is given to the people who deserve the subsidy.
- The government of India also introduced Aadhaar Enabled Biometric System in a government This helped in ensuring that the employees are not late to the office and this system also helped in eliminating the attendance manipulation which was done earlier. The system has increased the efficiency of the government departments.
- Another use of the Aadhaar is that the card is used by National Crime Record Bureau to synch is a database with a centralized system. It has become easy to check the criminal record of a person using the same.
- Another benefit of the Aadhaar card is that it can help in expediting the process of passport application. If a passport applicant has an Aadhaar card, it is said that the passport will be dispatched in 7 to 10 days. The police verification can be done later if the Aadhaar numbers available.
- The government also introduced Jan Dhan Yojana and in the scheme, the government offered 0 balance account to the people. But the 0 balance accounts were only opened for the people who had Aadhaar card.
About Aadhaar: The Aadhaar card has biometric data seeded in the database and it is known to be one of world’s largest biometric database. Until now, 1.127 Billion Aadhaar numbers have been issued by the agency. It is also important to understand that the Aadhaar is not a proof of citizenship.
For any other help, it is best to contact the customer service on 1947. It is in the best interest to have an Aadhaar to avail all the benefit given by the government. In case you do not have an Aadhaar, it is time to go ahead and get one.
The official website of Aadhaar Card is www.uidai.gov.in.